Student1 applications support the student’s success team with collaborative case management and interventions.
- Address the whole needs of the developing child or youth.
- Ease student transitions.
- Maintain continuity of instruction.
- Help all stakeholders understand the whole student.
- Achieve collective impact with mutually-reinforcing actions and interventions.
- Address root cause influences quickly and involve the appropriate supports.
- Constantly monitor progress and growth, and provide notifications of early warning signs.
A new paradigm of collaboration and social media is needed to support “one student focus” by the community of stakeholders that work for a student’s success. Such apps focus collaboration threads for specific student goals and outcomes.
- Each student has their community of individuals working for the student’s success.
- Student and parent engagement are central to the approach.
- Social networking techniques enhance sustained engagement across all stakeholders.
- Collaboration is seamless across web and mobile devices.
- Security and privacy are closely managed across the community based upon individual and organizational roles.